Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Super Size My Laundry

Super size laundry
Everything is smaller in France including the washing machines. Don’t get me wrong. my mission taught me to be grateful for washing machines and I’m not comparing France to Argentina, I’m just saying these are not the super sized, super fast, professional grade machines that we’re use to in the USA . It takes an average of two hours to do a small load. So when French women say they spent all day doing laundry…they did!

I went on my first solo trip to Paris without Allison, because no shopping party would be complete without the manitory return trip. Yes, we both had a return. Allison took hers back right away. (She was treated the way you’d imagine French people treating you with a return. Not too nice about it.) It took me a few more days to analyzing, but I decided there were a few things not worth my Euros. I decided that I wanted take it back before Ryan and Quinn arrived, knowing Ryan would be bugged at having to do a return… Allison agreed to stay at the house with the girls and work on the Primary program while I did the return. (The girls were having a wonderful day at home and we didn’t have the heart to travel an hour each way for a return.) So, I got my first taste of being alone in a country where I didn’t understand a word anyone was saying. I felt like a recently returned missionary without my companion for the first time. It was a little weird! And I have to admit it was a little intimidating. I went to a store at a different location and was quite proud of myself for finding my way! The lady was really great about my return. No hassle. On my way back home I made a quick stop at the grocery store and was back to the house in three hours! I wonder what the French people thought of my running to the train and back in a skirt carring all kinds of bags! ---Just another crazy American, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment