Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tour and "Something Evil"...









We set out to show our “dads” what we have been doing everyday for the last two plus weeks. We walked to the train. “…It’s much further than I thought it was…” “Now where do I go?” We were satisfied!

First stop Eiffel Tower. We had to do a photo opt with Ryan and Quinn! Next crepes, ice cream and fries for everyone!! Two carousels rides times two please! What’s not to like about France?!

Second stop, stand in a loooong line and go up the Eiffel Tower with the rest of France!! Wow! It’ is an amazing structure! And no doubt about I’m a little afraid of heights, though I’m able to enjoy myself if I don’t think about it. It was neat to see all of Paris sprawled out in all directions.



Next stop TOUR de France on the Champs Eleyese!! Yippee! There was definite excitement in the air and the streets were packed! The crowd was about four people deep everywhere. We stood on a side street near the Arc de Triumphe. It was fun to watch to watch the racers zoom by in front of us then zoom by on the other side. Isn’t the last day of the tour a kind of formality? If so their speed didn’t show it! They were flying! Then the team cars would follow and zoom by just as fast! My little Cannon Elph could barely get two shots in before they were out of sight. It was funny to see the creative things people did to improve there vantage point. They were on benches, bikes, poles, step ladders (we saw several) and piggy backing. I’ve never been on Ryan’s shoulders before, but now I see why they enjoy it! I got some great video and pictures from up there!!

Once again the kids were troopers. I’m not sure how much they got out of the Eiffel Tower or the Tour de France. They were much more interested in each other’s toys and our iphones than they were about Lance or anyone else!
After the tour we went to Allison and Jon’s friends’ house Emmanuel and Carolyn. They arranged for a babysitter and we adults went out to dinner. It was SO nice. Having a babysitter was the most exciting thing of the whole day for the girls! Well, they did like the carousel and ice cream.
So we left the cute babysitter with six little girls. Five of them five or under! She spoke great English, but the poor thing had to go on a diaper hunt in the apartment building. She couldn’t find the ones we had in our bag. When we returned she said, “we had a little diaper problem and I had to clean her up”, pointing to the bathroom with a tub. “Then Quinn added, “I ate something evil!” Ryan and I are still shaking our heads trying to figure out where she came up with that one! I felt really sorry for the babysitter at that point! We gave her a tip, but I’m not sure you can pay enough for a diaper like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment